Some day hopefully soon there won’t need to be a separate section for same-sex couples, it will all just be called ‘Weddings’. However I personally know for LGBTIQ people it is important when planning your big day to find Celebrants and other suppliers who are equal love affirming, gay friendly and you can feel comfortable to approach without fear of judgement or discomfort. .
For same sex couples wishing to have a wedding/commitment ceremony I give my same personalised wedding service, without the legalities (read here about My Commitment to You for your Same Sex Wedding).
You can be assured as part of my Celebrant service you get:
- All of your meetings – from our first chat over a cuppa to our final pre-ceremony discussion and everything in between. Your place, mine or somewhere in between, I’m always happy to meet somewhere that suits all parties.
- Preparation of your unique ceremony, tailored to meet your needs for your special day. You will be able to review the draft ceremony and we will work together until you’re happy with the finished product.
- One ceremony rehearsal at the venue or agreed location.
- Travel around the Margaret River Region.
- Officiating at your ceremony on the day – I’ll be there 30-45 minutes beforehand (depending on the setting), dressed to suit the occasion and ready to guide you through the ceremony.
- I have an awesome portable sound system which I can use anywhere to make sure the ceremony can be heard (weather permitting). This can also be used to play music through for the ceremony.
I understand the desire to publicly declare your love and commitment in front of family
and friends and very much look forward to the day marriage in Australia is an equal right available to all. As a Celebrant, my role is to help couples create a ceremony that reflects them, their life and their values. I would be delighted to work with you to craft a beautiful ceremony to honour this moment with you both.