No need to drive to the registry office when you can have your ‘Legals Only’ wedding in the Perth Hills.
I love creating beautiful ceremonies, and putting just the right words together to suit each couple I have the joy of helping to marry. I do this for big traditional weddings, relaxed gatherings, and intimate elopements. Each ceremony is tailored to my couple, and to ensure this quality of service I put hours of time and effort into making sure it is exactly as my couples want it to be, and more.
However I do know for some couples, for whatever reason, they just want to get hitched without the fuss. For couples planning a wedding overseas and would like to be legally married in Australia beforehand (or after), or if you want zero fuss, or some other personal reason, I can offer a ‘Just the Legals’ service in the Perth Hills.
But it really is just ‘the legals’. This is a bare minimum, set ceremony option for people seeking a no frills, just the basics, legal marriage service. The cost is $420.
- One pre-ceremony meeting over a beverage in person or online to discuss and prepare paperwork.
- One month notice – Notice of Intended Marriage needs to be lodged either in person or by email no later than one month prior to ceremony date (eg. lodge by 6 May for 6 June wedding date). NOIM is only lodged once it has been signed and witnessed, then given/sent to your Celebrant. At the moment the NOIM can even be witnessed over video conference.
- I need to sight original ID – evidence of date and place of birth, and photo ID (eg. Passport or Birth Certificate and DL). If there were prior marriages I need to sight evidence that the person is now free to marry (eg. original Divorce Certificate).
On the day:
- Sign a Declaration of No Legal Impediment to Marriage prior to the ceremony taking place.
- Legal ceremony takes place with two witnesses present who are over 18 and a set minimum legal wording ceremony including the following:
- I state my name and the full names of the parties to the marriage
- I say the Monitum
- The parties to the marriage say their legal vows to each other.
- I pronounce you married and you can have a kiss (this is not a legal bit, but who doesn’t want to seal the marriage with a kiss?)
- Couple, witnesses and Celebrant sign the three marriage certificates.
- I send in the paperwork to BDMWA to register the marriage and send you information on how to apply for your registered Marriage Certificate.
This is only applicable for a 15km radius of Glen Forrest at a private home, local park or similar. Extra costs apply for travel beyond this area. Not suitable for wedding venues and public locations such as wineries or function centers. Only available on restricted days and times and not generally on Saturday afternoons. For personalised, romantic ceremonies big and small please see my Small & Sweet or Ceremonies to Cherish options HERE.
Final price will be quoted according to individual circumstances.